If you’re regularly towing heavy loads, you may want to invest in a weight distribution hitch.
What is a Weight Distribution Hitch?
Towing a heavy load will alter your vehicles driving performance. Regular towing can cause your car suspension and tyres to wear out quickly. A weight distribution hitch is designed to distribute weight evenly to ensure a safer, more level ride and reduce the stress placed on your vehicles systems.
A weight distribution hitch will increase safety by:
- Reducing trailer sway often caused by winds, unsecured loads and bad roads
- Improving handling with more stable steering
- Reducing wear and tear on your car – reduce sag, prevent overloading and avoid wear and tear of your suspension and tyres
Do you need a Weight Distribution Hitch?
If you tow heavy loads regularly, you will benefit from investing in a weight distribution hitch.
You will need a weight distribution hitch if:
- Your experiencing trailer sway
- You have difficulty steering when towing
- Your car sags at the rear
- Your towed vehicle is more than 50% of your vehicles weight
Talk to us
Hall Towbars offers an extensive range of weight distribution hitch systems to suit all vehicles and towing needs. Talk to us for more information or to find the right weight distribution hitch for your vehicle.